Flights to Book
From Sydney or Brisbane
Saturday anytime(eg Jan 11th)
Arrive into HNL Saturday morning
HNL – MAJ
Sunday 7:25AM(eg Jan 12th)
MAJ – HNL
Monday 7:40PM(eg Jan 21st)
Back to Australia
You will arrive back to Australia Tuesday
SATURDAY Jan 11
Flight from Sydney or Brisbane. You will depart Saturday night, but because of the dateline, you will arrive into Honolulu on Saturday as well. You will have time to relax in Honolulu, and overnight. We strongly recommend this option over trying to get to Honolulu early Sunday morning. You will almost certainly miss your flight this way.
Overnight in Honolulu – We recommend the Modern Hotel or Best Western Airport hotel.
Sunday Jan 12
- Make sure to arrive early! United closes its ticketing and will not let you on the plane if you arrive past 630AM. We have had guests miss this flight.
Monday Jan 13
- Note you will arrive on Monday, because of the dateline change.
- Clear customs, get your baggage, and our staff will meet you in the lobby outside. Our staff will meet you and you can relax in the small cafeteria or bar attached to the airport. Our staff will coordinate with Air Marshall Islands on the next leg of your trip.
- We will book these tickets for you ahead of time
- No flights are included in our pricing however we do make the domestic booking for you. The domestic flight is US$320 per person round trip. There will also be surfboard charges of $100 per board bag each way (board bag up to 50lbs) and possibly overweight for excess baggage- please make sure to bring USD cash for these expenses.
- Our staff will greet you on the coral and grass runway and assist with loading your baggage onto trucks – to board a boat and head to Beran Island.
- Depending on the swell and the time of arrival of your Air Marshall Islands flight, you may have a chance to surf on the way back towards the island. Our staff will give you the chance to put your boards together, get changed and jump in the water to wash the travel off!
MONDAY – MONDAY – 7 Nights
- Enjoy your stay, surf, kite, relax
MONDAY Jan 20
- Gather your belongings and check out of your room. You will have time to surf in the morning, and will head out back to the airstrip when we confirm the time of the incoming flight.
- Please hold on to your return ticket given to you when you took your first Air Marshall Islands flight. Times are approximate and will be determined by A.M.I., and will be in communication with Indies Trader.
- Check your bags, and pay your departure tax to receive your boarding pass and passport. You can then wait in Harry’s Bar attached to the airport for your flight. When they call the boarding, you can cross security and into the waiting terminal. There is another small snack bar in the waiting terminal that sells snacks and beers.
Monday Jan 20 – PART 2
- You will arrive on Monday (the same day you departed Majuro, because of the dateline).
Connect to your flight back to Australia. The earlier the better. If you have a long layover, consider a day room at one of the airport hotels.
Tuesday Jan 21
Arrive back to Australia. You will gain a day because of the dateline.