On Friday you will depart early HNL – MAJ, and arrive in the Marshalls on Saturday 1035AM (the date change is because of the dateline). The most important thing is to get to the Honolulu airport on time! United closes the checkin about an hour before and will not let you in. We suggest getting there at 5AM. You’ll be greeted by Indies Trader staff, and board the internal Air Marshall Islands flight to the outer atoll. You’ll be greeted again by staff on the coral runway and escorted to the boat, which will take you to the Island.
On your return, you will checkout Saturday morning, and have a chance to surf, before boating over to the runway. You will board the A.M.I. flight and arrive in Majuro, where you will do an overnight at Hotel Robert Reimers. On Sunday afternoon, you will head back to the Majuro airport, where you will fly to Honululu and arrive 2AM early Sunday morning.
Flights to Book
HNL – MAJ
Friday 7:25AM(eg Jan 11th)
MAJ – HNL
Sunday 7:40PM(eg Jan 20th)
FRIDAY Jan 11
5:00 am – Hawaiian Time – Check in to Honolulu United Terminal
7:25 am – Hawaiian Time – Depart from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
- Make sure to arrive early! United closes its ticketing and will not let you on the plane if you arrive past 630AM. We have had guests miss this flight.
SATURDAY Jan 12
10:35 am – Arrive at Amata Kabua International Airport (MAJ)
- Note you will arrive on Saturday, because of the dateline change.
- Clear customs, get your baggage, and our staff will meet you in the lobby outside. Our staff will meet you and you can relax in the small cafeteria or bar attached to the airport. Our staff will coordinate with Air Marshall Islands on the next leg of your trip.
- We will book these tickets for you ahead of time
- No flights are included in our pricing however we do make the domestic booking for you. The domestic flight is US$320 per person round trip. There will also be surfboard charges of $100 per board bag each way (board bag up to 50lbs) and possibly overweight for excess baggage- please make sure to bring USD cash for these expenses.
- Our staff will greet you on the coral and grass runway and assist with loading your baggage onto trucks – to board a boat and head to Beran Island.
Afternoon – Board one of the Indies Trader boats and head to Beran Island
- Depending on the swell and the time of arrival of your Air Marshall Islands flight, you may have a chance to surf on the way back towards the island. Our staff will give you the chance to put your boards together, get changed and jump in the water to wash the travel off!
5:00 pm – Check in at Beran Island
SATURDAY – SATURDAY – 7 Nights
- Enjoy your stay, surf, kite, relax
SATURDAY Jan 19
- Gather your belongings and check out of your room. You will have time to surf in the morning, and will head out back to the airstrip when we confirm the time of the incoming flight.
2:00 pm – Air Marshall Islands
- Please hold on to your return ticket given to you when you took your first Air Marshall Islands flight. Times are approximate and will be determined by A.M.I., and will be in communication with Indies Trader.
4:00 pm – Air Marshall Islands arrival into Majuro
- Transport to Hotel Robert Reimers
- Hotel Robert Reimers staff will greet you and take you into downtown Majuro, where you will have an overnight. The cost for transport is $10/ person each way, and this will be added to your room charge. Indies Trader will coordinate this transport, as well as advise you and Hotel Robert Reimers on your booking. Please let us know if you have made direct bookings with Hotel Robert Reimers.
5:00 pm – Check in at Hotel Robert Reimers
- There are a few villa types available – please contact us if you have any questions – we recommend the Bungalows or Lanai Rooms.
SUNDAY Jan 20
- Enjoy a leisurely day in Majuro, do some shopping, get a lunch and relax at the Tide Table in Hotel Robert Reimers and in the afternoon your transport will meet you at the hotel to take you back to the airport for your evening flight.
3:00 pm – 30 minutes
- Transport back to the Majuro Airport. The $10 each way fee will be paid on your room bill.
7:40 pm – Depart from Amata Kabua International Airport (MAJ)
- Check your bags, and pay your departure tax to receive your boarding pass and passport. You can then wait in Harry’s Bar attached to the airport for your flight. When they call the boarding, you can cross security and into the waiting terminal. There is another small snack bar in the waiting terminal that sells snacks and beers.
SUNDAY JAN 20 – PART 2
2:25 am – Hawaiian Time Sunday – UA 133 Arrival into Honolulu
- You will arrive on Sunday (the same day you departed Majuro, because of the dateline).