Flights to Book
LAX – HNL
Thursday 1:00PM (eg Jan 10th)
HNL – MAJ
Friday 7:25AM(eg Jan 11th)
MAJ – HNL
Sunday 7:40PM(eg Jan 20th)
HNL – LAX
Sunday 7:10AM(eg Jan 20th – note that you will book the same date as when you departed the Marshalls because of the dateline)
THURSDAY Jan 10
- Make sure to arrive early! United closes its ticketing and will not let you on the plane if you arrive past 630AM. We have had guests miss this flight.
SATURDAY Jan 12
- Note you will arrive on Saturday, because of the dateline change.
- Clear customs, get your baggage, and our staff will meet you in the lobby outside. Our staff will meet you and you can relax in the small cafeteria or bar attached to the airport. Our staff will coordinate with Air Marshall Islands on the next leg of your trip.
- We will book these tickets for you ahead of time
- No flights are included in our pricing however we do make the domestic booking for you. The domestic flight is US$320 per person round trip. There will also be surfboard charges of $100 per board bag each way (board bag up to 50lbs) and possibly overweight for excess baggage- please make sure to bring USD cash for these expenses.
- Our staff will greet you on the coral and grass runway and assist with loading your baggage onto trucks – to board a boat and head to Beran Island.
- Depending on the swell and the time of arrival of your Air Marshall Islands flight, you may have a chance to surf on the way back towards the island. Our staff will give you the chance to put your boards together, get changed and jump in the water to wash the travel off!
SATURDAY – SATURDAY – 7 Nights
- Enjoy your stay, surf, kite, relax
SATURDAY Jan 19
- Gather your belongings and check out of your room. You will have time to surf in the morning, and will head out back to the airstrip when we confirm the time of the incoming flight.
- Please hold on to your return ticket given to you when you took your first Air Marshall Islands flight. Times are approximate and will be determined by A.M.I., and will be in communication with Indies Trader.
- Transport to Hotel Robert Reimers
- Hotel Robert Reimers staff will greet you and take you into downtown Majuro, where you will have an overnight. The cost for transport is $10/ person each way, and this will be added to your room charge. Indies Trader will coordinate this transport, as well as advise you and Hotel Robert Reimers on your booking. Please let us know if you have made direct bookings with Hotel Robert Reimers.
- There are a few villa types available – please contact us if you have any questions – we recommend the Bungalows or Lanai Rooms.
SUNDAY Jan 20
- Enjoy a leisurely day in Majuro, do some shopping, get a lunch and relax at the Tide Table in Hotel Robert Reimers and in the afternoon your transport will meet you at the hotel to take you back to the airport for your evening flight.
- Transport back to the Majuro Airport. The $10 each way fee will be paid on your room bill.
- Check your bags, and pay your departure tax to receive your boarding pass and passport. You can then wait in Harry’s Bar attached to the airport for your flight. When they call the boarding, you can cross security and into the waiting terminal. There is another small snack bar in the waiting terminal that sells snacks and beers.
SUNDAY JAN 20 – PART 2
- You will arrive on Sunday (the same day you departed Majuro, because of the dateline).
- Upon arriving into HNL, you will have to wait for an hour or two for the terminals, cafes, lounges to open at 530AM. There are plenty of benches near the check in areas, and places to wait for the airport to open.